Nudity, fire and Nick Cage: An Appointment with the Wicker Man
A spoof musical play about an am dram version of the seminal seventies horror flick? How could we resist?
The Wicker Man – the worst tourism advertisement for Scotland since the Gretna Green train disaster – is one scary film. An Appointment with the Wicker Man is the National Theatre of Scotland's spoof comedy thriller take on the horror flick. Few events at the Edinburgh Fringe are going to get listed in more categories than this.
Other comedy in theatre this summer...
- Incoming: Lebensmüde make us hunt for accent options on our computers
- Jimmy Carr and the house that looked like Hitler
- Jack Whitehall 'missed out on Harry Potter role'
- Reg D Hunter in racism row after PFA gig
- Channel 4 gives fans chance to create E4 sting - with £5000 prize
- Boyle wins £54,000 in damages in libel case against the Mirror Group
- OTB: The Descent at the Vault Festival
- Secret Edinburgh
- Monty Python tracks music to Black Sabbath's ears
- SSP's most-clicked news stories of 2012