Nudity, fire and Nick Cage: An Appointment with the Wicker Man
A spoof musical play about an am dram version of the seminal seventies horror flick? How could we resist?
The Wicker Man – the worst tourism advertisement for Scotland since the Gretna Green train disaster – is one scary film. An Appointment with the Wicker Man is the National Theatre of Scotland's spoof comedy thriller take on the horror flick. Few events at the Edinburgh Fringe are going to get listed in more categories than this.
Other comedy in theatre this summer...
- Andrew Crawford
- Adam McKay
- Live comedy picks: Simon Munnery, Paul Foot and a bunch of Godless People
- Derek second series commissioned by Channel 4
- Michael J Fox to return to NBC with new comedy
- Live picks: some fab comedy festivals, Minchin closes the London Underbelly and previews galore
- Adam Buxton set for powerpoint karaoke battle with Noise Next Door
- Father Dougal to be next Pope?
- Sketchfest: Revan and Fennell want to sketch all over you
- Jenny Beake