Rob Rouse and Shirley & Shirley cook off at Leicester Comedy Festival
Tim Clark7 February 2012
Afternoon peeps. We cooked up a treat in Scotland last August and now we’re set to turn up the heat in Leicester with a new show at Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival this coming Friday.
We’re teaming up with Dave’s Curry House at the Leicester Comedy Festival to cook up a treat involving none other than the excellent Rob Rouse and the Shirley & Shirley duo.
Leicester might be famous for its curry, but will the dish even be recognisable after they’ve been attempted by Rob and the Shirleys? Under instruction from Chutney Ivy’s co-owner Shaf Islam, the teams have just one hour to cook one of the restaurants signature dishes in front of a live audience.
Hosted by Tommy Holgate, the show will also feature a guest panel of judges from UKTV Dave and the Leicester Mercury.
Yes, you’re right, you want to treat yourself, so we’ve conveniently added all the details for you to go an buy yourself a ticket here. If you want to check out what our Edinburgh competition was like last August you can watch the video here.
See you all in the kitchen!
VENUE Dave’s Curry House at Chutney Ivy: 41 Halford St, LE1 1TR
DATE Friday 10 February 2012
TIME Doors at 6.45pm for a 7pm start
TICKET PRICE £8
Your rating: None
- Parkinson's comedy charity viral MichaelJFoxNews.com stirs up taste issue
- A chat with one of the writers of A Brief History of Time Travel. By GChat. ULOL smileyface
- Sketches and snoods: a nice chat with Cardinal Burns
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: Free Fringe and free gigs
- Russell Howard voted 'king of the mingers' by Heat magazine
- Adam Hills celebrates birth of baby daughter
- A nice chat with the Dog Eared Collective: Edinburgh Fringe
- Jessica Fostekew: Luxury Tramp, Edinburgh fringe review
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks