Secret Edinburgh: the Boy with Tape on his Face gets inked in
Andrew Mickel17 August 2012
Tapeface keeps his tats up to date at Edinburgh's premier parlour...
My Secret Edinburgh might not be that much of a secret as most times I am at this place there is always a buzz...literally. Unknown to a few people underneath the costume I wear onstage is a selection of tattoos and most of them have be placed by various tattooists at one of the greatest parlours in the world: Studio 13, just off the Royal Mile and always worth dropping in.
It seem to me as though each year they have a guest artist who manages to capture my feelings of the past month's shows in ink. Some years it can be a simple little something that takes only an hour and once I spent eight hours in one sitting covering my arm in a selection of pretty things.
Each year I will endeavour to take at least half a day out normally towards the end to the season to sit back in a chair and have another reminder placed on my body. Some people find Edinburgh a bit of a sting, but for me, that's what I like.
The Boy With Tape on his Face - More Tape is at the Pleasance Courtyard, 16-26 August, 21:40. More info at the Ed Fringe website here.
Your rating: None
- Secret Edinburgh: Tony Law's Botanical lunch spot
- Upstairs at the Masons, Mayfair's only comedy club with Paul Foot, Stephen Carlin, James Mullinger
- Yuletube part 2: more of the best Christmas videos
- On The Road: Glenn Wool's first time in Indonesia
- Win Scott Capurro tickets at the Soho Theatre
- Danny Dyer film Run For Your Wife takes £747 at box office
- BBC Three's Cuckoo may get second series
- London 2012: Eric Idle sings Always Look On The Bright Side of Life at Olympics closing ceremony
- Free comedy next week: The Angel Comedy Festival has a cracking line-up
- Chris Ramsey thrown off Soccer AM