Secret Edinburgh: the Boy with Tape on his Face gets inked in
Andrew Mickel17 August 2012
Tapeface keeps his tats up to date at Edinburgh's premier parlour...
My Secret Edinburgh might not be that much of a secret as most times I am at this place there is always a buzz...literally. Unknown to a few people underneath the costume I wear onstage is a selection of tattoos and most of them have be placed by various tattooists at one of the greatest parlours in the world: Studio 13, just off the Royal Mile and always worth dropping in.
It seem to me as though each year they have a guest artist who manages to capture my feelings of the past month's shows in ink. Some years it can be a simple little something that takes only an hour and once I spent eight hours in one sitting covering my arm in a selection of pretty things.
Each year I will endeavour to take at least half a day out normally towards the end to the season to sit back in a chair and have another reminder placed on my body. Some people find Edinburgh a bit of a sting, but for me, that's what I like.
The Boy With Tape on his Face - More Tape is at the Pleasance Courtyard, 16-26 August, 21:40. More info at the Ed Fringe website here.
Your rating: None
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: Free Fringe and free gigs
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Patrick Monahan interview: how Kate Copstick is like an army general
- Dark Side of the Poon comedian Pete Jonas attacks critic Julia Chamberlain
- Incoming: Lady Garden are dead, long live the Birthday Girls
- 10 O'Clock Live: What we haven't learnt
- Born in the U of K (adopted by America)
- Lost Features Week: Eldon and Widdicombe, Lee and Munnery, and much much more...