Secret Edinburgh: Chopper keeps his amazing tapas find a secret
Andrew Mickel19 August 2012
Sometimes an Edinburgh secret is so good that comedians won't even tell us...
Last time I was here there was an amazing tapas place I would sneak off to with another Australian comic (I won't say who because that would be name dropping, but trust me you would be impressed). We would decimate plates of albondigas and patatas bravas, and then nurse our bellies and march up hill from the New Town to whatever late-night spots we were doing.
Gently belching garlic prawns off mic in the middle of a tight 7 somewhere and watching the girl in the front row gently barf in her own face a bit from the smell was a real treat. I'm not telling you where it is because I don't want to have to wait to get a table, but I never expected the best Spanish food I've eaten to be in Scotland. Pants off to you guys for nailing it again.
Heath Franklin's Chopper in A Hard Bastard's Guide to Life is at Underbelly Bristo Square, 16-19 August, 20:50. More info at the Ed Fringe site here.
Your rating: None
- Steve Coogan brands Top Gear presenters as 'casual racists'
- Innocent smoothies sponsor Alex Horne to reach 150-years-old
- John-Luke Roberts' Super-Chess!, unemployed Northern Irish and Hobbity offices: week in video
- Charlie Pickering
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy 60 - 41
- American: Bill Hicks Story premiers at SXSW festival
- Ingrid Oliver
- Rosie Revan
- Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie reunite for new Canterville Ghost movie
- Voting opens for British Comedy Guide comedy awards 2012