Secret Edinburgh: Chris Cox's chocolate binge
Andrew Mickel18 August 2011
There are two places where I seem to spend a lot of time in Edinburgh, and in the hope that they both might give me free food, I'm going to write about them for you.
If I'm meeting someone for a cuppa and need a bit of a sugar fix I will always get them to meet me at Chocolate Soup.
It's well handy being right off the Royal Mile and does the sickliest, but most delightful hot chocolates you could want.
It's always far too busy and full of people yet I seem to be able to nail getting a table and stuffing my face with chocolate.
You'll tell if I've been in there. I will have chocolate round my mouth and staining at least one piece of my clothing.
Another place I'll often pop to between seeing shows is Mother India.
They do the best Indian breads in Edinburgh. Simple as. The rest of their stuff is just as good. So yes, if you want to stalk me, probably best to try either of those two places.
Chris Cox Fatal Distraction is on at the Pleasance Dome at 7:10pm.
Your rating: None
- Billy Connolly tops 'UK's Top Ten Comedians' poll
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons
- David Baddiel
- The Festival of the Spoken Nerd Interview: proving their nerding stripes
- Dara Ó Briain calls for tougher maths exams
- Chris Morris to direct new programme for Channel 4
- Incoming: Haiste and Lawrence
- Angus Barr
- Big-screen Miranda and much more: last 72 hours in comedy
- Kent Valentine