Secret Edinburgh: Chris Cox's chocolate binge
Andrew Mickel18 August 2011
There are two places where I seem to spend a lot of time in Edinburgh, and in the hope that they both might give me free food, I'm going to write about them for you.
If I'm meeting someone for a cuppa and need a bit of a sugar fix I will always get them to meet me at Chocolate Soup.
It's well handy being right off the Royal Mile and does the sickliest, but most delightful hot chocolates you could want.
It's always far too busy and full of people yet I seem to be able to nail getting a table and stuffing my face with chocolate.
You'll tell if I've been in there. I will have chocolate round my mouth and staining at least one piece of my clothing.
Another place I'll often pop to between seeing shows is Mother India.
They do the best Indian breads in Edinburgh. Simple as. The rest of their stuff is just as good. So yes, if you want to stalk me, probably best to try either of those two places.
Chris Cox Fatal Distraction is on at the Pleasance Dome at 7:10pm.
Your rating: None
- Danny Dyer film Run For Your Wife takes £747 at box office
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- Keith Farnan: Sex traffic, Fringe show 2010
- New comedy quiz launches in Newcastle
- Frankie Boyle might be banned while Graham Norton makes a mint: the last 24 hours in comedy
- Alex Zane and Rob Beckett at the Royal Albert Hall Elgar Rooms
- Jack Whitehall's NTA role 'safe' after Big Fat Quiz row says producer
- MC Riskytime, unhinged aerobics and atheist church: the week in video
- Circuit Breakers: Zoe Lyons asks Derek's Kerry Godliman the questions
- Doug Stanhope interview: "Guardian people? Fuck them"