Secret Edinburgh: Doug Segal fishes out some cheap sushi
Andrew Mickel18 August 2012
We know what you're thinking - or at least not-really-a-mindreader Doug Segal does. It's time for some sushi...
Edinburgh. Land of the deep fried mars bar and stovies. A place where it is impossible to get really good, healthy food without paying a fortune, I was told.
Au contraire! (he said with a nod to the auld alliance).There is superb, great value sushi to be had at Bonsai Bar Bistro 46 West Richmond Street.
Some of the best and most authentic sushi you'll find outside of Tokyo at great prices - Tako Salad (marinated octopus & tomato with yuzu dressing) for £3.95. Yake hotate (seared scallops with ginger & orange) for £6.95 and 8 pieces of soft shelled crab gaijin sushi for £8.95.
It's just around the corner from The Pleasance and wonderfully close to the flat I'm renting. It's a really nice place to just chill and have a beer away from all the hustle too.
See you there?
Doug Segal is in How to Read Minds and Influence People, 2-27 August at the Gilded Balloon, 19:00. More details at the Ed Fringe site here.
Your rating: None
- James Mullinger
- Adam Crow
- 13 more things to look forward to in 2013
- Joe Charman
- Sarah Millican's TV Programme recommissioned
- Live comedy picks: Joe Lycett, Micky Flanagan, Mark Thomas and more
- Beyond Clueless
- Michael McIntyre working on new show format
- Keith Lemon in dog house after TV show puppy prize
- Help SSP decorate the Latitude Festival shed