Secret Edinburgh: Vikki Stone recommends a bar you can't visit
Andrew Mickel19 August 2012
It's time to get your blag on if you want to visit Vikki Stone's drinking recommendation...
It’s hard to narrow down my favourite place to escape from the Fringe, as the very nature of the Fringe means your escaping needs change depending on what you're currently sick of.
If it's for a late night drink away from the crowds, it's the new Udderbelly performer’s bar Abattoir - it’s like if The Groucho were made of cardboard, but with fewer rock stars and more chips. If it’s other performers I’m sick of, then it's a visit to the gym for a spot of light Zumba or a swim. Love a bit of Zumba - particularly the way they don’t teach you the moves, and everyone flails around trying to copy the dancing. It’s like a group seizure to salsa music. The perfect antidote to constantly hanging around with talented people.
But this year I've got my puppy Bert with me, and I'm looking forward to hopping in the car one afternoon down to Berwick Upon Tweed for some quality beach dog walking. He’s never swam in the sea before, so here’s hoping he likes cold water.
Vikki Stone: Hot Mess is at Underbelly Bristo Square, 17-26 August, times vary. More info at the Ed Fringe site here.
Your rating: None
- Which nineties comedy act would we like resurrected next?
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: Free Fringe and free gigs
- The worst comedy merchandise money can buy
- Antony Jay
- BBC Three's Cuckoo may get second series
- Bill Bailey rocks the folk out of Sonisphere 2011
- Bill Hicks - Slight Return with Chas Early review
- This Is Jinsy
- Five sketch shows you've forgotten that launched 86% of all comedians
- Silent Film