A very quick chat with professional northerner Paul Tonkinson
Andrew Mickel10 October 2012
A few quick questions with the XFM/Big Breakfast/Sunday Show stalwart...
Regular circuit property Paul Tonkinson is touring the UK with his show Fancy Man, so we had an email ‘chat’ with him. Here are some questions, complete with some answers.
FANCY MAN. How fancy a man are you?
I’m a little bit of what you fancy or a lot of what you fancy depending on what you fancy!
It’s a lengthy old tour of the UK: where are you looking forward to? Anywhere that’s a bit nerve-chewing on the list?
All gigs are special - must confess to a particular excitement at the prospect of playing Scarborough, my birthplace! In terms of nervousness: the first one in Poole.
Is there anywhere scarier than playing in front of troops in Iraq?
Tunbridge Wells Arts Centre.
A few London circuit questions: what’s your favourite venue around town?
London Comedy Store.
...And favourite other acts to share a bill with?
Have been on bills at Comedy Store where Michael Mcintyre, Rhod Gilbert, Russell Howard have been on in the same evening.
So you did Come Dine With Me. What’s the next reality TV show frontier?
I used to be a celebrity get me in there! Old celebs compete to get thrown in the jungle - they are then voted out again.
Compulsory Big Breakfast question: isn’t it a shame the Big Breakfast isn’t around any more? (See also: The Sunday Show.)
The Big Breakfast was classic television, likewise the Sunday Show. Stand up’s more fun though!
Your rating: None
- Edinburgh Fringe Picks 2012: Edinburgh Comedy Award winners
- Dave presents Comedy In The Dark at the Soho Theatre
- Comedy promoter dies on Arctic charity expedition
- Mount Pleasant on the move and more Rob Delaney: the last 24 hours in comedy
- Dylan Moran, Tony Law and Ed Byrne head to Cambridge Comedy Festival
- Alex Petty
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- Addison Cresswell
- Camp Bestival
- Secret Edinburgh: Up & Over It save the pennies at £-Stretcher