10 O'Clock Live to return for third run
Andrew Mickel20 June 2012
10 O'Clock Live will return to Channel Four for a third series, Broadcast is reporting.
The first two series struggled both critically and to establish a large audience, but discussions with all four presenters – David Mitchell, Lauren Laverne, Jimmy Carr and Charlie Brooker – are underway for them to return.
The second series was moved from Thursday to Wednesday to avoid clashing with Question Time, and saw episode length cut, and the size of the run fall from 15 to 10.
While the satirical show managed to boost its audience slightly for its second run, it is likely to be tweaked more to raise the show above the all-important 1 million viewer mark.
The new run will start in early 2013.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- SSP's most popular features of 2012