10 O'Clock Live to return for third run
Andrew Mickel20 June 2012
10 O'Clock Live will return to Channel Four for a third series, Broadcast is reporting.
The first two series struggled both critically and to establish a large audience, but discussions with all four presenters – David Mitchell, Lauren Laverne, Jimmy Carr and Charlie Brooker – are underway for them to return.
The second series was moved from Thursday to Wednesday to avoid clashing with Question Time, and saw episode length cut, and the size of the run fall from 15 to 10.
While the satirical show managed to boost its audience slightly for its second run, it is likely to be tweaked more to raise the show above the all-important 1 million viewer mark.
The new run will start in early 2013.
- Secret Edinburgh: Up & Over It save the pennies at £-Stretcher
- Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon set for Latitude Festival trip
- Comedy promoter dies on Arctic charity expedition
- Casual Violence
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- Always Be Comedy with Naz Osmanoglu, at the Tommyfield
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Camp Bestival
- Altitude Festival aims for comedy highs in Mayrhofen