10 O'Clock Live to return for third run
Andrew Mickel20 June 2012
10 O'Clock Live will return to Channel Four for a third series, Broadcast is reporting.
The first two series struggled both critically and to establish a large audience, but discussions with all four presenters – David Mitchell, Lauren Laverne, Jimmy Carr and Charlie Brooker – are underway for them to return.
The second series was moved from Thursday to Wednesday to avoid clashing with Question Time, and saw episode length cut, and the size of the run fall from 15 to 10.
While the satirical show managed to boost its audience slightly for its second run, it is likely to be tweaked more to raise the show above the all-important 1 million viewer mark.
The new run will start in early 2013.
- Secret Edinburgh
- Sketches and snoods: a nice chat with Cardinal Burns
- Tim Minchin heading to Greenwich Comedy Festival 2011
- SSP's most-clicked news stories of 2012
- UK snow chaos: stranded passengers in Edinburgh offered free comedy tickets
- James Cary
- Incoming: Ingrid Dahle is not David Baddiel
- Dave presents Comedy In The Dark at the Soho Theatre