Adam Buxton returns to 6 Music – with Edith Bowman
Andrew Mickel10 October 2012
Adam Buxton is returning to 6 Music – but with Edith Bowman as his sidekick.
They will take up the Saturday morning slot that Buxton previously occupied with Joe Cornish.
The pair will take up the slot from 17 November for seven weeks.
It’s the first time on the station for Edith Bowman, who has been a long-standing presenter on Radio 1, where she continues to present the review show.
Buxton said: “I've missed being on the radio so I'm delighted 6 Music have let me back into the Big British Castle for a few weeks, albeit without Joe who is busy slaving in a dream factory somewhere. To stop me from shrivelling up with loneliness Edith Bowman is going to join me which I'm very excited about as she's intelligent, professional, Scottish and a woman; qualities I value highly and in which Joe was almost entirely lacking. I just hope she doesn't mind occasional shouting and stupidity."
Adam and Joe started their radio broadcasting nine years ago on XFM, but found a national audience on 6 Music. However, they have not created any shows together since a three-month stint early last year.
Cornish was recently signed up to direct a film adaptation of sci fi novel Snow Crash.
Bowman said: "I'm a big fan of 6Music and what it stands for so I am really excited to be joining the team and to be working with Adam. It's going to be incredible fun although I know I will have my work cut out trying to keep up with Adam's dance moves.”
Most recently Buxton has made the move back to TV with a full series of his YouTube mick-taking stage show BUG airing earlier this year.
- The Daily Mail guide to feigning outrage about comedy
- The Cutting Room Floor: Peacock & Gamble on the ideas they haven't done
- Tim Minchin heading to Greenwich Comedy Festival 2011
- James Cary
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Richard Herring kept awake ahead of Latitude show by 'gaylords'
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Rory McGrath arrested over assault