Alex Zane heads up Royal Albert Hall comedy season
One of London’s most prestigious venues, the Royal Albert Hall is set to open its doors for a series of hour-long comedy shows.
Alun Cochrane, Doc Brown and Alex Zane are set to head to the Albert Hall’s Elgar Room for the series of shows from later this month.
Zane, Brown and Cochrane are set to be supported by three of the rising stars of the comedy world, Joe Lycett, Naz Osmonglu and Rob Beckett.
The new comedy shows form part of an initiative by the Royal Albert Hall to develop its artistic programme, with Cochrane kicking off the series of shows on Thursday 27 January with Joe Lycett.
Inbetweeners star Doc Brown is set to take to the stage on Wednesday 16 March with support from Amused Moose Hot Starlet winner Naz Osmanoglu and Alex Zane will close the series on Thursday 28 April with support from Rob Beckett.
Lucy Noble, Head of Programming at the Royal Albert Hall, said: ‘We are delighted to introduce this comedy series in the Elgar Room in 2011. By featuring some of the best talent on the UK comedy scene we are looking to launch this series as one of the premiere places to enjoy comedy in London and continues the Elgar Room’s diverse programming after a successful 2010 season.’
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience gets second series
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Altitude 2010: Abandoman wows Meribel crowds
- British Comedy Awards 2012: who should clearly win
- Rory McGrath arrested over assault
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage