Baddiel and Skinner scoop award for football chat
Tim Clark8 July 2011
Baddiel and Skinner scooped the commercial radio feature of the year award for their World Cup series on Absolute Radio.
The duo reprised their football chat that has wended its way across both BBC and ITV as Football Fantasy League since the mid-nineties, and as a series of podcasts for the Times.
The podcast of the show was downloaded over two million times during the tournament
The news, however, didn't seem overwhelmingly exciting to Baddiel, who wrote on Twitter: “Mine and Franks World Cup podcast just won an Arquiva (The Commercial Radio Awards - yes, I didn't know either).”
- The Daily Mail guide to feigning outrage about comedy
- The Cutting Room Floor: Peacock & Gamble on the ideas they haven't done
- James Cary
- Good Night: Monster Comedy bring the laughs for charity
- Sketchfest: what you need to know
- Stewart Lee: "I don't think a 16-year-old me would want to be a comedian"
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Incoming: Alexander Bennett makes Aberystwyth struggle to breathe
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- A chat with Max and Ivan who want to plug their show rather a lot