Baddiel and Skinner scoop award for football chat
Tim Clark8 July 2011
Baddiel and Skinner scooped the commercial radio feature of the year award for their World Cup series on Absolute Radio.
The duo reprised their football chat that has wended its way across both BBC and ITV as Football Fantasy League since the mid-nineties, and as a series of podcasts for the Times.
The podcast of the show was downloaded over two million times during the tournament
The news, however, didn't seem overwhelmingly exciting to Baddiel, who wrote on Twitter: “Mine and Franks World Cup podcast just won an Arquiva (The Commercial Radio Awards - yes, I didn't know either).”
- Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon set for Latitude Festival trip
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Sketchfest: Casual Violence are all scared of Greg
- Comedy promoter dies on Arctic charity expedition
- Camp Bestival
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: TV stars
- Steve Coogan brands Top Gear presenters as 'casual racists'
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Andrew Maxwell, The Lights Are On: Edinburgh review 2011
- Secret Edinburgh: Up & Over It save the pennies at £-Stretcher