Bill Bailey reveals shock of accidental nude scene in new film Chalet Girl
Tim Clark9 February 2011
Comedian Bill Bailey has revealed his shock after learning that an out-take where he accidentally dropped his towel during the filming of new movie Chalet Girl has been included in the final cut of the film.
Speaking to BBC Breakfast news Bailey, who was appearing alongside co-star Felicity Jones, was asked what it was like to pose naked for the forthcoming film, to which he replied: “Well no, I am actually upset about this, I never signed up for any slight or partial nudity, and the towel slips down in an outtake and then there we all are," Bailey said.
“It’s probably gone up about seven different tariffs, it’s an 18 now.”
Bailey plays the role of a father who has been left to fend for himself in Acton, London, when his daughter heads off to be a Chalet Girl in an Alpine ski resort.
However Bailey actually filmed his role in the ski resort itself after directors built the interior of a London flat inside a German log cabin.
“It was a surreal experience being in a German log cabin masquerading as a house in Acton,” Bailey added.
“I saw some snow in the distance, and said ‘one day’, It was quite strange seeing that scene as it was all filmed with snow outside.”
Chalet Girl is set to hit cinema screens on March 16 and also stars Sophia Bush, Ed Westwick, and Bill Nighy.
- The Daily Mail guide to feigning outrage about comedy
- The Cutting Room Floor: Peacock & Gamble on the ideas they haven't done
- Tim Minchin heading to Greenwich Comedy Festival 2011
- James Cary
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Richard Herring kept awake ahead of Latitude show by 'gaylords'
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: Free Fringe and free gigs