Boyle trial rumbles on and Djalili is off the roads: last 24 hours in comedy
Andrew Mickel17 October 2012
All the comedy news that’s fit to link to...
Racism is at the heart of British government policy, said Frankie Boyle in the High Court yesterday in what is proving to be quite an interesting trial. SSP
Omid Djalili got a speeding fine. He said there should be leniency because he was driving to entertain troops. BBC
Ricky Gervais is giving a stand-up three minutes on Conan in a competition that doesn’t really seem to make sense. The Comic’s Comic
Indeed, there seems to be something in the American comedy water yesterday because very little of the news seemed to make sense. Here’s a sentence from The Comic’s Comic on some commissioning news: ‘FOX is developing two more sitcoms. One, The George Clooney Manifesto, centers on a single woman who decides to live her life as WWGCD. The other, Manchild, is set in a Rite Ad pharmacy.’ The Comic’s Comic
And did you see our interview yesterday with David Trent? Here it is.
LESS A JOKE AND MORE SOMETHING DISTURBING
@jasonmarkcook Just finished milking the cat. Think it went well, he keeps rubbing up against me. Winner!
Bodyform appear to have done the funniest thing in the last day, of all people:
Hot news? Tweet us @smallportions...
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Casual Violence
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO