Boyle Variety Performance to top Channel 4's Funny Fortnight
Tim Clark16 June 2012
Frankie Boyle is set to host his own Royle Variety Performance later this year on Channel 4.
The controversial comedian will present the Boyle Variety Performance, which will see him give his thoughts on the various activities of the Royal Family as well as feature a number of guests.
The show forms part of Channel 4’s Funny Fortnight in August – which will also see Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer host a panel show called Lucky Sexy Winners, and Harry Hill will reunite with Peter Kay for a stand-up show.
Speaking about the mini-comedy feast Shane Allen, Channel 4's head of comedy, explained: "Funny Fortnight is a chance to celebrate our achievements with a raft of new shows featuring many of the biggest names in British comedy."
A spokesman for Channel 4 said: "The Boyle Variety Performance is Frankie's unique take on a royal variety event. The show will come direct from a London theatre and feature content so cutting-edge and scurrilously funny that no self-respecting royal would dream of attending."
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Casual Violence
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry