Chris O'Dowd to star in Moone Boy on Sky 1
Tim Clark7 December 2011
Chris O’Dowd is set to head to Sky One after signing up to co-star in his own sitcom.
O’Dowd is set to appear in the new sitcom Moone Boy alongside Steve Coogan and Johnny Vegas.
The show will focus on 11-year old Martin Moone, the youngest child in a family in small-town Ireland in the late 1980s and early 1990s who has an overactive imagination.
O’Dowd is to play Moone’s imaginary friend Sean in the sitcom.
In a statement, O'Dowd said the show would have a "number of laughs that I hope people will love".
The six-part series has been adapted from O'Dowd's short film which featured in last December's Little Crackers series.
Lucy Lumsden, head of Sky Comedy said: "We were delighted when Chris O'Dowd decided to expand his Little Cracker into a full series."
"He's written six brilliantly funny scripts, Sky customers are in for a treat."
The filming for Moone Boy is set to commence in early 2012, with the show appearing on Sky One in the summer.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Edinburgh Fringe