ComComedy launches with focus on video production and
ComComedy, the online video comedy production company, launched their new creative business last night at a launch party at London’s Foundation Bar.
The new website is the culmination of a year’s work both in front of and behind the camera on developing the business and includes interviews with Gryff Rhys Jones, Carly Smallman, Lady Garden, The Three Englishmen and Joel Dommett, as well as backstage coverage from the Royal Albert Hall’s Elgar Rooms and a charity gig on Edinburgh’s Arthurs Seat with Rich Fulcher and Josie Long.
The relaunch sees the ComComedy focus on four key areas; creating artists videos, sessions and festival coverage for their online video portal; showcasing new comedy talent at their monthly live nights; creating innovative new video content; and the launch of a dedicated studio in Deptford, South London.
The new expanded website boasts a number of new video features including industry insight, sessions and exclusive content while CC Productions - the new online comedy production company - will act as a talent hub populated through ComComedy’s extensive coverage of the comedy circuit.
Along with working with comedians, ComComedy is also set to work with companies and brands to create bespoke comedy content, from simple videos, to more large scale cross-platform campaigns.
The company has previously worked with Architecture start-up OpenBuildings to help boost their brand awareness by creating the character Bwick and the campaign ‘Help Bwick Get Laid’.
Bwick was a character in his own right – a giant brick with a Twitter account, a Facebook page and a Micro-Site on which he posted blogs about his character, his campaign sponsors (OpenBuildings) and how his campaign to ‘get laid’ was going.
The CC Studio is also set to offer comedians the chance to bring their sketch ideas to life in their own bespoke studio space, as well as acting as a photo and video production unit for other artists.
The studio is managed jointly by ComComedy and Outtakes Ltd.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience gets second series
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts