Craig Charles hints at new Red Dwarf series
Tim Clark20 November 2012
Craig Charles has said he would be keen to continue working on the Red Dwarf series
The star, who plays Lister in the sci-fi series told ITV’s This Morning how he may need to take a bit more time off from his other TV commitment, Coronation Street, if more Red Dwarf series come to fruition.
The sci-fi show helped Dave to the top slot for all UK digital channels by notching up 1.46m viewers – the second highest in the broadcasters history – when it launched earlier this year.
Speaking on the programme Charles said: “We’d certainly like to do it. I think they [Freeview channel Dave] want to do it. So it should happen. Coronation Street are going to have to let me off for a little while longer.”
Charles is the second member of the Red Dwarf team to mention the possibility of a further series being commissioned, writer Doug Naylor recently told Den Of Geek that the signs were good.
“You can never absolutely guarantee it because UKTV have to commission it,” he said. “The boys all have to want to do it, then there's the contractual obligations. But in terms of how this series has been received, it's been very, very positive and the ratings have been terrific.”
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Casual Violence
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO