Dave gets second life with new marketing push
Tim Clark8 October 2012
Dave channel is set to receive a marketing boost after the broadcaster’s owner UKTV revealed plans to ‘shift up a gear’ with a new publicity drive.
UKTV have signed up Mother agency to create a number of marketing campaigns which push the channel’s brand identity as well as it’s programming.
The push forms part of a strategy which as seen Dave sponsor a number of events across the UK in the past year including Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival - which is announced it is sponsoring for a second year last week - and the Comedy In The Dark shows.
The channel has also resurrected the 2-for-1 campaign which saw it work with promoters across the UK to promote live comedy. The push has seen Dave already listed in the ‘top 100 cool brands’ in the UK.
Speaking to Marketing Week UKTV’s marketing director Simon Michaelides said: “When Dave launched it broke all the rules and was seen as the irreverent child in broadcast. Now, because it’s so familiar, it’s lost some of that irreverence – it feels safe: the happy home for witty banter.
“We want to go back to our roots and capture the spirit of what it stands for and reinvent Dave for the 21st century.”
- The Pleasance's SMS service
- Just A Minute
- Horne & Corden
- Jim Jeffries: Alcoholocaust
- Jim Jeffries: Alcoholocaust, Edinburgh Fringe 2010
- Jimmy Carr
- Edinburgh view from Edinburgh Castle. Photo taken by Alan Ford 25/05/2006
- Pleasance launches free Edinburgh Fringe 2010 SMS service (that isn't free)
- Lulworth Castle
- Steve Coogan blasts Top Gear's Mexican show as 'casual racism'