David Mitchell and Victoria Cohen announce engagement
Tim Clark20 March 2012
David Mitchell and Victoria Coren have announced their engagement in a notice in the Times.
The Peep Show and 10 O’Clock Live star and Only Connect host made the news in typically understated style.
The advert in the newspaper's births, deaths and marriages column reads: "Mr D.J.S. Mitchell and Miss V.E. Coren. The engagement is announced between David, son of Mr and Mrs Ian Mitchell, of Oxford, and Victoria, daughter of Dr Anne Coren and the late Mr Alan Coren, of London."
Victoria Coren wrote on Twitter earlier: “Thank you for your nice tweets this morning. I'm very happy.”
It is one year since David Mitchell revealed their relationship in a similar quiet style, to the Telegraph’s gossip column.
Prior to his relationship with Coren, Mitchell had spoken publicly about feeling awkward dating.
- The Daily Mail guide to feigning outrage about comedy
- The Cutting Room Floor: Peacock & Gamble on the ideas they haven't done
- Tim Minchin heading to Greenwich Comedy Festival 2011
- James Cary
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Richard Herring kept awake ahead of Latitude show by 'gaylords'
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Rory McGrath arrested over assault
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright