David Tennant dons gold trousers and a hairpiece for This is Jinsy
David Tennant's turn on This Is Jinsy will see him don gold trousers and a hairpiece, according to the show's script editor.
Emma Kennedy, speaking to Such Small Portions at Latitude, said the Doctor Who star will play a camp wedding organiser, and does his turn with an English accent. “He's very camp and he looks extraordinary. We didn't realise how skinny David Tennant's legs were but we got him some gold trousers and the most extraordinary hairpiece you've ever seen – you won't recognise him, it's just unbelievable.” Emma described the show as “sort of like the prisoner with a little bit of Mighty Boosh and a little bit of League of Gentlemen”. The guest star roster launched earlier this week include Catherine Tate, Jane Horrocks, and what Emma describes as an 'amazing turn' from Simon Callow as a former teacher of one of the lead characters. She added her favourite guest star is a turn by Peter Serafinowicz as the 'Great He'. Harry Hill also appears in the show as a woman, and while his trademark bald head is covered up with a hairpiece, he will still be wearing his thick glasses. This is Jinsy, which piloted on BBC Three, will start on Sky Atlantic later in the year.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- The loveliest people in comedy: a working list
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright