Dawn French: Vicar of Dibley 'could make a return'
Tim Clark26 October 2012
The Vicar of Dibley could be returning to our screens after Dawn French said her character Geraldine – could return as a woman bishop.
French hinted on the ITV Show Daybreak that the writer of the series, Richard Curtis, is willing to bring the series back if female vicars are allowed to become bishops.
French said:“We had 13 happy years. When we got to the end I said to Richard, ‘You have to say it’s finished because people keep asking about it.’
“So he said, ‘OK, it’s finished.’
However French revealed that Curtis had ordered the set to be stored, rather than disposed of, which hinted that the show could return.
“I think he’s probably waiting for women to be officially made bishops.” French added.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- The loveliest people in comedy: a working list
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright