E4 joins prank show trend with Lee Kern
Lee Kern has landed a new hidden camera show on E4.
Celebrities will find themselves in a series of increasingly outlandish situations as they try to talk about big issues of the day.
Lee Kern's Celebrity Bedlam follows his starring role in The Royal Wedding Crashers on Channel 4.
During the show he will try and convince celebrities that they are meeting human clones of themselves, while also establishing whether bats can have human testicles, or if the iceberg that hit Titanic has been discovered near Sri Lanka.
Executive producer Nathan Eastwood said: "Lee Kern is a great new talent with brave, mad and hilarious ideas. From convincing celebrities that scientists can understand dolphin language to introducing celebrities to their living clones, Lee's pulled off a brilliant, funny and clever celebrity bashing roller coaster ride."
Hidden camera shows have enjoyed a renaissance lately, with That Hidden Camera Family taking up residence on Sky 1, Richard Hammond hosting a new prank show on BBC One, and Dom Joly bringing Fool Britannia to ITV1.
Lee Kern's Celebrity Bedlam is being made by Objective Productions.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- Casual Violence
- Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience gets second series
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage