Fosters set to bring back Alan Partridge and The Fast Show
Fosters beer company is set to remake a number of the UK’s most cherished comedy sitcoms including Alan Partridge and The Fast Show for an online audience.
The new Edinburgh Comedy Award sponsors have given the green light to a number of one-off specials, and is planning to keep the new shows as close to the originals as possible.
Fosters marketing manager Gayle Harrison said that the company’s drive into comedy is part of a strategy to target a young male audience.
The beer company is already heavily involved in sponsorship deals with the Edinburgh Comedy Awards and Channel 4.
Fosters move into the comedy world hasn’t been welcomed by all however, with the new poll for the ‘comedy god’ of the Edinburgh Fringe savagely attacked by comedian Stewart Lee, who branded the whole exercise ridiculous.
- SSP's most-clicked news stories of 2012
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- SSP's most popular features of 2012
- Good Night: the stunning fun of Pun Run
- Circuit breakers: where comedians ask the questions
- Edinburgh Fringe
- Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival
- Commissioners and TV executives