Gervais dropped for Globes and walkies for Monahan and Mace: the last 24 hours in comedy
Andrew Mickel16 October 2012
Poor Ricky Gervais <insert sadface>...
Ricky Gervais won’t be presenting the Golden Globes next year, because Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are doing it. It'll hopefully be a little more Weekend Update than Baby Mama. Orange
A load of comedians are walking Hadrian’s Wall for charity, including Patrick Monahan and Seymour Mace. SSP
Frankie Boyle's jokes can be vile but are not racist, in a frank description by his own lawyer in a case he’s brought against the Daily Mirror, which is apparently still going. Telegraph
The Bottom sequel on the Beeb isn’t happening now. British Comedy Guide
Sarah Alexander’s new sitcom for BBC One, Me and Mrs Jones - the one that every time you see a promo shot for you think that Samantha Janus has a new show before getting disappointed - pulled in a lowly 3m for its first episode. Broadcast
@jeffleach Went for a jog this morning. I had 99 problems but a stitch ain't one.
Bug in a rug:
Hot news? Tweet us @smallportions...
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Casual Violence
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO