Inbetweeners continues to fly the comedy flag on 4OD
Tim Clark1 November 2011
Comedy has remained the most popular genre on 4OD for a second month in a row, thanks to the continued success of the Inbetweeners.
The three seasons of the show racked up over 4.5 million views in September – the most of any show, and a seventh of all viewing on Channel 4’s on demand platform.
The series will have benefited from the stellar success of the film, which was released late in August.
Season 1 proved most popular, racking up 1,557,476 views. Season 3 pulled in 1,545,435 and Season 2 managed 1,429,605.
Other comedy shows doing well include season 8 of Shameless – the most-viewed season of any show after Inbetweeners and Hollyoaks – new show Fresh Meat, and American import the Big Bang Theory.
Comedy series took up six of the top ten seasons, with viewing figures up 20 per cent on the year.
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- Commissioners and TV executives
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience gets second series
- Altitude 2010: Abandoman wows Meribel crowds
- Rory McGrath arrested over assault