Inbetweeners continues to fly the comedy flag on 4OD
Tim Clark1 November 2011
Comedy has remained the most popular genre on 4OD for a second month in a row, thanks to the continued success of the Inbetweeners.
The three seasons of the show racked up over 4.5 million views in September – the most of any show, and a seventh of all viewing on Channel 4’s on demand platform.
The series will have benefited from the stellar success of the film, which was released late in August.
Season 1 proved most popular, racking up 1,557,476 views. Season 3 pulled in 1,545,435 and Season 2 managed 1,429,605.
Other comedy shows doing well include season 8 of Shameless – the most-viewed season of any show after Inbetweeners and Hollyoaks – new show Fresh Meat, and American import the Big Bang Theory.
Comedy series took up six of the top ten seasons, with viewing figures up 20 per cent on the year.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Edinburgh Fringe