Innocent smoothies sponsor Alex Horne to reach 150-years-old
Andrew Mickel30 June 2010
Innocent smoothies are set to sponsor comedian Alex Horne to become the world’s oldest man.
The bizarre PR ploy by the Coca-Cola-owned drinks company will see Innocent back Horne as he attempts to outlive the rest of the entire planet – even going as far as launching a dedicated website to track the comedians progress.
Talking to Marketing magazine, Dan Germain, head of creative at Innocent, said: "Alex’s stand-up show made us laugh a lot – especially the part about his mission to become the world’s oldest man.
‘Working with him means that we can share loads of his funny DIY films as he goes about his quest, and give a generous £1m prize to the person who gets to 150 years old first. The smart money is on Alex."
According to the magazine Horne is currently ranked approximately the 3,091,676,670 oldest person in the world.
Horne, who has helped co-create a number of successful TV shows including ‘We Need Answers’ from Tim Key and Mark Watson, Loose Ends and The Verb.
To help him to the ripe old age of 150 Horne will be given a diet of Innocent smoothies and veg pots, however if Horne doesn’t make it then Innocent are also willing to shell out a £1million prize to the first person who does make the ripe old age of 150.
The chances of getting to that age of course are one in a million.
- Good Night: Monster Comedy bring the laughs for charity
- Sketchfest: what you need to know
- Incoming: Alexander Bennett makes Aberystwyth struggle to breathe
- On The Road: Glenn Wool's first time in Indonesia
- Jon Plowman
- Musical Comedy Awards 2013 Heat Three: Acts to watch
- Alexander Bennett
- Isy Suttie wins Sony Radio Award for Pearl and Dave
- Ruth Jones's Stella heads up Sky's new comedy line-up
- A chat with Max and Ivan who want to plug their show rather a lot