Jimmy Carr and the house that looked like Hitler
Andrew Mickel30 March 2011
Jimmy Carr has helped cause a stir in the world of twitter after posting a tweet of a house that looked like Hitler.
The picture of the house had been circulating on the micro-blogging site before being picked up by Carr, who posted a comment which read ‘Morning. Here's a house that looks like Hitler. Your welcome.’.
It isn’t often that a suburban dwelling has a striking resemblance to a dictator, but the house concerned, in Swansea, has a slanting roof which resembles the fuhrer’s hair, as well as a lintel which is similar to the moustache, and upper windows for eyes.
The owner of the house however had been unaware of the circulating pic as he had never heard of twitter.
The pic was taken by Charli Dickenson, 22, who noticed the resemblance after begin stuck in traffic with her boyfriend.
Speaking to the South Wales Echo, she said. “I was in the car with my boyfriend and we were stuck in traffic — and I just said to him: "That house looks like Hitler."
"We both laughed about it. I took a picture and posted it on Twitter.
"It's very funny — everyone who has seen the picture says it looks like Hitler."
- Andrew Maxwell, The Lights Are On: Edinburgh review 2011
- The inaugural chat show host-off: Eleanor Conway vs Tom Allen
- Altitude Festival aims for comedy highs in Mayrhofen
- The loveliest people in comedy: a working list
- Circuit breakers: Trevor Lock asks Lee Kern some very tough questions
- 13 things to look forward to in comedy in 2013
- Secret Edinburgh: Up & Over It save the pennies at £-Stretcher
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: First Hours
- Always Be Comedy with Naz Osmanoglu, at the Tommyfield
- Edinburgh Fringe picks 2012: Antipodeans