Joe Lycett and Midnight Beast tipped for 2012
Andrew Mickel13 December 2011
A list of potential stars for 2012 is tipping Joe Lycett and musical comedians Midnight Beast.
The list, by RedPages, pulls together 100 of the next biggest things in the arts, sport and politics.
Lycett is listed primarily for his 2011 achievements – featuring on Show and Tell, 8 Out of 10 Cats and the now-axed Dirty Digest, and making the finals of the BBC’s New Comedy Awards – although his entry also notes he is now signed with Chambers Management, who also represent Frankie Boyle and Jack Whitehall.
Midnight Beast make the list ahead of their E4 series, which is due to air in the new year. The group first became famous for parodying the grammatical nightmare of Ke$ha’s TiK ToK on YouTube.
Actress Charlyne Yi also makes the list ahead of co-starring in This Is Forty, with Paul Rudd and Jason Segal.
Previous comedians on the list include Jonny Sweet in 2011 and Carl Donnelly, Frisky & Mannish and Watson & Oliver in 2010.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Parkinson's comedy charity viral MichaelJFoxNews.com stirs up taste issue
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Alexander Bennett
- Paul Foot wins Sydney Comedy Festival prize
- Turtle Canyon's Chubby Bunny gets You Tube premiere
- Alice Fennell
- Isy Suttie wins Sony Radio Award for Pearl and Dave
- Edinburgh Fringe picks 2012: former best newcomers
- Edinburgh Fringe Picks 2012: Edinburgh Comedy Award winners