John Barrowman heads guest star line-up for Watson and Oliver
Andrew Mickel10 September 2011
Stars from backgrounds as diverse as the Full Monty, Alan Partridge and Torchwood have been lined up to guest in new BBC Two sketch show Watson and Oliver.
John Barrowman, best known as Captain Jack in the Whoniverse, is due to appear on the show.
Other guests will include Hugo Speer, best known for parts in Full Monty and Bleak House, and Adrian Scarborough, who most recently played Mr Pritchard in the Upstairs Downstairs remake.
Sophie Thompson (Harry Potter, Stella in EastEnders) and Felicity Montagu (Lynn from I'm Alan Partridge), will also appear.
The list is rounded out by Bond co-star Colin Salmon and Perry Benson (Meggy from This Is England).
The BBC is touting Ingrid Oliver and Lorna Watson's sketch show as a successor to both Morecambe & Wise and French & Saunders.
The show is due for transmission on BBC Two in early 2012.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Al Murray heads to Radio 5 Live with Seven Day Saturday
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- MTV LOL: Some comedians in some music videos