John Barrowman heads guest star line-up for Watson and Oliver
Andrew Mickel10 September 2011
Stars from backgrounds as diverse as the Full Monty, Alan Partridge and Torchwood have been lined up to guest in new BBC Two sketch show Watson and Oliver.
John Barrowman, best known as Captain Jack in the Whoniverse, is due to appear on the show.
Other guests will include Hugo Speer, best known for parts in Full Monty and Bleak House, and Adrian Scarborough, who most recently played Mr Pritchard in the Upstairs Downstairs remake.
Sophie Thompson (Harry Potter, Stella in EastEnders) and Felicity Montagu (Lynn from I'm Alan Partridge), will also appear.
The list is rounded out by Bond co-star Colin Salmon and Perry Benson (Meggy from This Is England).
The BBC is touting Ingrid Oliver and Lorna Watson's sketch show as a successor to both Morecambe & Wise and French & Saunders.
The show is due for transmission on BBC Two in early 2012.
- Stephen Dinsdale
- Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Danielle Ward
- Stewart Lee launches scathing attack on Edinburgh Comedy Festival's 'Comedy God' poll
- Lead Pencil
- Dylan Moran, Tony Law and Ed Byrne head to Cambridge Comedy Festival
- Stephen Fry pledges 'to go to jail' over twitter joke trial
- Turtle Canyon's Chubby Bunny gets You Tube premiere
- Altitude 2010: Abandoman wows Meribel crowds