John Barrowman heads guest star line-up for Watson and Oliver
Andrew Mickel10 September 2011
Stars from backgrounds as diverse as the Full Monty, Alan Partridge and Torchwood have been lined up to guest in new BBC Two sketch show Watson and Oliver.
John Barrowman, best known as Captain Jack in the Whoniverse, is due to appear on the show.
Other guests will include Hugo Speer, best known for parts in Full Monty and Bleak House, and Adrian Scarborough, who most recently played Mr Pritchard in the Upstairs Downstairs remake.
Sophie Thompson (Harry Potter, Stella in EastEnders) and Felicity Montagu (Lynn from I'm Alan Partridge), will also appear.
The list is rounded out by Bond co-star Colin Salmon and Perry Benson (Meggy from This Is England).
The BBC is touting Ingrid Oliver and Lorna Watson's sketch show as a successor to both Morecambe & Wise and French & Saunders.
The show is due for transmission on BBC Two in early 2012.
- Secret Edinburgh: Up & Over It save the pennies at £-Stretcher
- SSP's most popular features of 2012
- Circuit breakers: Trevor Lock asks Lee Kern some very tough questions
- The loveliest people in comedy: a working list
- Always Be Comedy with Naz Osmanoglu, at the Tommyfield
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: First Hours
- Edinburgh Fringe picks 2012: Antipodeans
- What have Plebs ever done for ITV?
- 13 things to look forward to in comedy in 2013
- UK snow chaos: stranded passengers in Edinburgh offered free comedy tickets