John Cleese's Israeli nut ad 'endorses bombing of Iran'
John Cleese has caused a stir after appearing in an Israeli advert which appears to endorse the bombing of Iran.
Cleese plays the role of a US general who sanctions an air strike of an 'unknown' enemy after tasting a delicious nutty spread.
The advert, which was filmed at Cleese's house in Monaco, opens with a high-level military meeting where Israeli military officers ask for permission to launch an attack, saying 'we have the right to defend outselves.
Watch the advert here:
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- SSP's most popular features of 2012