Josie Long leads comedy contingent at Boring Conference
Tim Clark18 November 2011
A sell-out event dedicated to all things boring has Josie Long and Robin Ince signed up as speakers.
The Boring Conference sees speakers talk on topics from electric hairdryers to the first ten years of consumer magazine Which?
Pappy's member Matthew Crosby is also giving a talk, although he tweeted on Monday that he had not yet picked a topic.
Other delegates include science journalist Ben Goldacre, musician and writer Rhodri Marsden, and documentary filmmakers Jon Ronson and Adam Curtis.
The event, held Saturday 19th November at York Hall in Bethnal Green, has become increasingly popular since it was developed in response to an Interesting Conference held last year, which was dedicated to surprisingly fascinating topics.
Interestingly, the Boring Conference website contains no details about the attendees or their topics of discussion to attract punters.
The site's Twitter feed is currently reporting the event is sold out, but if you can't get a ticket, here's a nice music video of Josie Long touching people in the park.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- The loveliest people in comedy: a working list
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright