League of Gentlemen reunite for Radio 4 Halloween horror
Andrew Mickel1 July 2010
The League of Gentlemen are set to be reunited for the first time in half a decade for a Radio 4 documentary.
The comedy troupe who comprise of Reece Shearsmith, Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton and Jeremy Dyson are due to spend a night at a haunted house for the new programme.
According to Broadcast Now magazine, the one-off show will follow in the footsteps of Shearsmiths’s two-part Halloween series that was broadcast last year.
Shearsmith, who announced the news via twitter this morning, said: “It’s just us four in a reputed haunted house for a night,” he wrote. “Let’s hope the spooks show up!”
“We nearly did it for TV a few years ago, but they bumped us for Girls Aloud. Obviously far more interesting a show with them doing it.”
Shearsmith and Pemberton are also responsible for Psychoville - the dark character comedy mystery featuring characters from all over the UK, who each receive a mysterious letter.
The new programme is set to be produced by Steve Garner who worked with Shearsmith on the previous show last Halloween.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief