Lee's rage is still burning and Ben Elton is returning: the last 24 hours in comedy
Andrew Mickel1 August 2012
Bored of the Fringe? Here's lots of upcoming telly news. And one thing about the Fringe.
Bob Slayer and Stewart Lee talk about what's wrong with The Fringe. Lee makes the same points as yesterday's Guardian article (yes, he's on about lazy journalists again) and there's some fine detail on Slayer's Alternative Fringe. The Skinny
In 'good God they better hurry up and appoint Cheryl Taylor's replacement' news, Ben Elton has written a pilot for BBC One about health and safety called Slings and Arrows.
Rev will have a third series, but not until 2013; Room 101 will return to BBC One for a 13th series.
Vexed is back and completely different. Maybe it'll be funny this time. Digital Spy
If the Midnight Beast leave you scratching your head a bit, you might enjoy this ramble from fans of their former incarnation The Clik Clik turning their backs on them. Popjustice
There are some cryptic (read: unhelpful) details about Misfits series four out. Den of Geek
Hot news? Tweet us @smallportions...
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: New Reliables
- Iain Stewart
- Stewart Lee : Writing is a hobby not a career
- Camden Crawl 2012: a field report from the Black Heart
- Tim Minchin heading to Greenwich Comedy Festival 2011
- Dylan Moran, Tony Law and Ed Byrne head to Cambridge Comedy Festival
- Edgar Wright
- Al Murray heads to Radio 5 Live with Seven Day Saturday
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: First Hours