Miranda Hart and Jonathan Ross take adventure expeditions for Christmas
Andrew Mickel1 December 2011
Neither are the most physically adventurous names in comedy, but Miranda Hart and Jonathan Ross are each going to be taken on wilderness expeditions for Channel 4 this Christmas.
Bear Grylls will be showing Hart the Swiss Alps, traversing a glacier, crossing crevasses while roped to the adventurer, and completing a boulder scramble.
Says Hart: “I hope after this experience I'll be braver and realise that our silly fears in life are just irrational and I can push to do more, because as inspired by Bear, life's for the living.”
Ross is being taken to Europe's only rainforest, in La Palma in the Canaries, where he's expected to abseil from a helicopter and walk across an active volcano.
He says: “I am very excited that I have been asked to take Bear away and give him a proper work out! If he can survive a weekend away with me he can survive anything ... And vice versa, I imagine!”
Bear Grylls Wild Weekends with...Miranda will be shown on Boxing Day, with Ross's adventure yet to be scheduled.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Edinburgh Fringe