Mount Pleasant on the move and more Rob Delaney: the last 24 hours in comedy
Andrew Mickel12 July 2012
Another channel joins in Sky's comedy empire...
- In 'sort of file it under Sky comedy expansion news', Mount Pleasant will move to ladychannel Sky Living for its second season. iMediaMonkey
- Daniel Tosh has apologised for a rape joke (Chortle). Let's read something very sensible Rob Delaney wrote about this on Reddit once, seeing as he yesterday added an extra date at the Bloomsbury Theatre. It didn't sell out in an hour this time.
- Danny La Rue's life is going to be made into a movie, which makes sense, given that BBC Four have pulled the plug on most of their comedy and drama ambitions. BBC News
- Andy Murray was in the audience for Mock The Week. Is this not the best-looking TV audience you've ever seen? Think about the opening shots to the average episode of the Graham Norton Show. Now look at this. 'Blimey'. Facebook
- In preposterous news, if you don't fancy any of the many comedy festivals in the UK this weekend, there'll be an internet cat video festival in LA. Paging Drennon Davis... LA Times
Hot news? Tweet us @smallportions...
- Sketches and snoods: a nice chat with Cardinal Burns
- Eddie Izzard plans to play all 50 U.S. States in 2014
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy: 20 - 1
- Alice Lowe and Steve Oram help out next generation of film talent
- Stewart Lee: "I don't think a 16-year-old me would want to be a comedian"
- What have Plebs ever done for ITV?
- Alternative Comedy Experience series two acts confirmed
- Danny Dyer film Run For Your Wife takes £747 at box office
- Monty Python tracks music to Black Sabbath's ears
- Rik Mayall is Greg Davies dad - in C4's Man Down