Movember comedian team tops £1,000 ahead of Nov 28 gig
Tim Clark8 November 2011
A group of comedians who have grown moustaches for Movember have now raised over £1,000.
The team of 11 was started by Carl Donnelly, and has since taken on Iain Stirling, Lloyd Griffith and Eric Lampaert.
John Robins (pictured above) has so far raised the most, collecting £433 for the male cancer awareness campaign.
Other members of the group include Paul McCaffrey, Romesh Ranganathan, Ed O'Meara, Chris Martin and Paul Savage.
Several of the team will perform a special Movember gig on November 28th at the Paradise By Way of Kensal Rise.
The moustaches seem to be taking their toll on the comedians. Donnelly complained on his Movember page that 'two drunken audiences laughed in my face', while comedian and CBBC presenter Iain Stirling has already commented that the tash could be 'awkward' at his
day job – which including filming dressed as a woman.
While most have gone for a standard moustache, Ranganathan and a surprisingly hirsute Robins have opted for full-blown Fu Manchus.
Other live comedy events to mark Movember include a night at the Loddon Mill Arts featuring Howard Read, Alex Clissold Jones and Luke Benson on November 18; and a PaulMalBarbara event headlined by Nina Conti at the London Arts Theatre on November 30.
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons
- Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience gets second series
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- Altitude 2010: Abandoman wows Meribel crowds
- British Comedy Awards 2012: who should clearly win
- Rory McGrath arrested over assault
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage