New comedy festival for Balham in July
Harry Hill, Ardal O'Hanlon and Al Murray are all heading to the Bedford in Balham for a four-day festival this July.
The Banana Cabaret, long-time residents in the back room of the Bedford, will also host Milton Jones, Stephen K Amos, Ed Byrne, John Moloney, Marcus Brigstocke and Richard Herring.
There will also be Edinburgh previews from Diane Spencer, Alistair Barrie and Paul Chowdrhy.
Tickets are priced from £8 to £25, with full details here: http://www.balhamcomedyfestival.com/ .
July has become increasingly busy for comedy festivals, with Olympics-linked Scipmylo ending the month in the capital, and other festivals held in the Lakes, Newcastle Gateshead, Cardiff and Cambridge.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Comedy promoter dies on Arctic charity expedition
- Al Murray heads to Radio 5 Live with Seven Day Saturday