New Girl dumped by Channel 4
New Girl will be moving to E4 after its mid-season break, Channel 4 have confirmed. The second half of the programme's first season will start on E4 this month.
While the show performed strongly on 4OD, often topping the on-demand service's charts, the programme's mediocre broadcast ratings did not match the massive marketing push it was given in the new year.
A Channel 4 spokesperson told Broadcast that while they were 'very happy with New Girl’s performance on C4', the audience was skewed towards a younger, more E4-friendly profile.
The show has been a huge hit in America, following Zooey Deschanel as she tries to rebuild her life after a painful breakup with new housemates. Read our thoughts on the show from its launch here.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Casual Violence
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry