Noel Fielding reveals blonde look during live performance
Tim Clark13 March 2010
Noel Fielding headed back to the live comedy circuit last night sporting a new style hair cut - the blonde bombshell.
The surrealist comedian appeared for the first of two dates at the central London comedy club with his new style cut, which he admitted made him look at least a little like murderer Myra Hindley.
Speaking to Such Small Portions after the gig, where he joined a star-studded bill which included Ed Byrne, Noel James, and Greg Burn, Noel also revealed that he is hoping to return to the stage for a stand-up tour sometime in the next twelve months - if he can find the time.
"I used to be good at stand-up but in the last few years I have been out of practise. I am looking to get back into it though and at the moment am trying out new material.
"It's not all there yet, I am still looking to find the flow of what I am doing with some of my sketched. The first time I do new material I usually find that I flow straight through it without stopping. I don't give the audience time to enjoy it or catch up and see the joke.
"I've only done about seven gigs in the last few years and I am looking to get more gigs in - at least one a week."
It is not the first time the Mighty Boosh star has dropped into the Leicester Square Theatre, last month he was a surprise guest at the Tonic and in April 2009 he headlined a stand-up set, which SSP managed to catch.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience gets second series
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons