Noel Fielding: 'Simon Amstell ruined Never Mind The Buzzcocks'
Tim Clark4 November 2010
Noel Fielding has accused Never Mind The Buzzcocks host Simon Amstell of ‘ruining’ the comedy panel show because of the way he treats his guests.
The comedian, who appears as a team captain on the show, has said that guests are now giving the Buzzcocks a wide berth because of Amstell’s vicious presenting style.
According to The Sun, stars such as Mel B had to be persuaded to come on the show. Speaking to the newspaper Fielding said: "She was terrified, like we were going to really rib her."
"The problem is, I think Amstell ruined it for everyone. Everyone thinks they'll get ripped to shreds."
Amstell caused controversy when one guest, Ordinary Boys singer Preston, walked out of an episode after the host read extracts from the autobiography Chantelle Houghton, his then wife.
Other celebrities including Vanessa Feltz have also said they were offended by Amstell when they appeared on the show.
Fielding has found his own favourite replacement for Amstell, Terry Wogan. :"[Terry] was the best host we've had," Fielding said. "He was professional, funny, quicker than anyone else on the show.
"He shook everyone's hand, he knew everyone's name. It was pretty mind-blowing actually."
- Mixing it up with Macmillan's Big Mix
- Southport Comedy Festival
- Charlie Brooker
- Hat Trick and David Mitchell Soapbox firm both land YouTube deals
- Joan Rivers, uncensored on the Southbank
- Greg Davies' Man Down series gets green light from Channel 4
- Zai Bennett
- A chat with the Boy With Tape On His Face
- Brendon Burns
- Jongleurs comedy club accused of 'poaching' rival promoter Big Night Out's comedy venue