Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy gets second series
Channel 4 has ordered a second series of Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy.
However Channel 4 have backed Fieldings new venture with the second series, which will be filmed later this year and broadcast in 2013, alongside the DVD release of the first series. The second series is likely to introduce more characters to Fielding’s surreal world, which already includes Tony Reason, a manta ray music producer who lives in a fish tank under the tree house and Roy Circles, a games teacher suffering from severe shell shock who is also a chocolate finger.
Channel 4’s Commissioning Editor Nerys Evans said: "Noel is such a rare and brilliant talent we can't wait to work with him on another series of Luxury Comedy; this show feels so modern and pioneering. If Series 1 brought us a talking knife wound and a man with ice-cream for eyes, we can't wait to see where else Noel's comedy mind will take us next."
Noel Fielding adds: "Delighted to get a second series of Luxury Comedy - we'll definitely make the second one more like a Wednesday morning. Channel 4 have been so supportive and given us creative freedom to experiment with ideas and techniques. And I think we can push things further and make something even more out there next time."
- Patrick Monahan interview: how Kate Copstick is like an army general
- A profoundly off-topic chat with Humphrey Ker
- Brendon Burns: 'I'm a secret handshake of comedy'
- Incoming: Jenny Bede tries not to read the comments
- Dan Clark: How Not To Live Your Musical Comedy Touring Life
- The Pin
- Yuletube: the most festive comedy videos YouTube has to offer
- The Festival of the Spoken Nerd Interview: proving their nerding stripes
- Live comedy picks: Sam Simmons and Bridget Christie, Sarah Millican for charity and much more
- 13 things to look forward to in comedy in 2013