Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy gets second series
Channel 4 has ordered a second series of Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy.
However Channel 4 have backed Fieldings new venture with the second series, which will be filmed later this year and broadcast in 2013, alongside the DVD release of the first series. The second series is likely to introduce more characters to Fielding’s surreal world, which already includes Tony Reason, a manta ray music producer who lives in a fish tank under the tree house and Roy Circles, a games teacher suffering from severe shell shock who is also a chocolate finger.
Channel 4’s Commissioning Editor Nerys Evans said: "Noel is such a rare and brilliant talent we can't wait to work with him on another series of Luxury Comedy; this show feels so modern and pioneering. If Series 1 brought us a talking knife wound and a man with ice-cream for eyes, we can't wait to see where else Noel's comedy mind will take us next."
Noel Fielding adds: "Delighted to get a second series of Luxury Comedy - we'll definitely make the second one more like a Wednesday morning. Channel 4 have been so supportive and given us creative freedom to experiment with ideas and techniques. And I think we can push things further and make something even more out there next time."
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- 13 things to look forward to in comedy in 2013
- Tim Minchin heading to Greenwich Comedy Festival 2011
- Camden Crawl 2012: a field report from the Black Heart
- The inaugural chat show host-off: Eleanor Conway vs Tom Allen
- The Cutting Room Floor: Lou Sanders and a sex doll
- Danny Dyer film Run For Your Wife takes £747 at box office
- Dylan Moran, Tony Law and Ed Byrne head to Cambridge Comedy Festival
- Josie Long stars in short film Rain on Film